The Church of the Encarnación was started constructing in 1541, with the works of the major chapel and the tower under Diego de Siloé’s supervision, on a lot that was probably occupied by a mosque first and by a Mudejar church later. During the XVIIth and XVIIIth century there are constructed the vaults of the ship and the choir, works attributed to Juan de Maeda. The style that prevails in the temple is Renaissance.
Artistically, we are in front of a sober but monumental temple, with two front pages that allow the step the interior, placed the feet, more ancient, it was realized by Juan de Maeda. The wings, of stylization manierista, stand out for the sculptural group of the Annunciation, two images of bundle, placed of classic form and with great expressiveness. The temple is of rectangular ship divided in four fuzzes for pilasters that finish off in a cornice that crosses the whole church. The tower that raises behind the head-board is a simple high and massive prism