This building, which nowadays shelters the dependences of the Municipal Museum, was constructed as store of wheat during the first half of the 18th century. Initially (The XVIth), the stores of wheat had as basic aim achieve that the shortage of the bread was disappearing and that his price was below that of other nearby populations, but at the end of the 18th century it is fixed as principal aim to destine his funds to the promotion of the sowings and of the agricultural and like that labors is continued during the 19th century. In Íllora’s Historical File there remains an important documentary series which content they are all the writings come from the store of wheat, from Minutes up to account books happening for the Regulations and Orders by means of those who had to carry out the functions of the Institution.
The peculiarity of this building is in that, besides store of wheat, it had different functions throughout the years. Between 1810 and 1812, years of Napoleonic occupation of our municipality, the building turned into the headquarters of the French billeting. After these convulsed years, the function of the building returned to be the original one until the 20th century, when turns into the location of the town hall, being this his assignment until ends of the 80s, period during the one that in addition sheltered two jails, which entry was effected by the current door of access to the court of the building.